Anxiety happens to all of us. The stress of everyday life can get too much. We may react by losing our temper and becoming excessively nervous. In some cases, it can negatively affect everyday functions.
In most instances, anxiety will be temporary, and it will go away in a few hours, or whenever the source of stress dissipates. But some people deal with ongoing anxiety. It may be so bad that they are unable to hold down a job, enjoy relationships or every get out of bed in the morning. Their anxiety may be irrational and not tied to any identifiable source.
If you are dealing with ongoing anxiety, it’s vital that you reach out for help. Not doing so can greatly diminish your quality of life. Here are some signs you should pursue anxiety therapy in Beverly Hills.
What Are the Signs of Anxiety?
There are three main types of anxiety. They include:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD): GAD is characterized by excessive worrying about ordinary issues such as health, money, and family, that lasts 6 months or more.
- Panic Disorder: Individuals with panic disorder have panic attacks which are sudden intense bouts of intense fear that occur when no danger exists. They come on quickly and may last several minutes or more.
- Phobias: A phobia is an irrational fear of something specific. Common phobias include a fear of crowded spaces, spiders, flying, and more. People with phobias may experience fear even when there is no imminent danger.
The symptoms of anxiety are as follows:
- Anxious uncontrollable thoughts
- Tension and restlessness
- Physical symptoms like increased heart rate, unexplained aches and pains, dizziness and aches and pains
- Withdrawal from society
- Difficulty enjoying the things you once derived pleasure from
- Troubled relationships
- Self-medicating with drugs and alcohol to reduce symptoms
Many people turn to drugs and alcohol to treat symptoms of anxiety. While this provides temporary relief, it usually puts people on a downward spiral serving to make matters worse in the long run.
Knowing When It’s Time to Go to Anxiety Therapy Beverly Hills
Anxiety can reduce the quality of life. It can get in the way of your ability to maintain friendships or even hold down a job. It can also lead to dangerous physical conditions and addiction.
If you are experiencing ongoing anxiety, it’s best to get help before you let things get out of hand. Do not hesitate to reach out for anxiety therapy Beverly Hills. Once you begin treatment, you will have a chance to express your feelings, so your disorder doesn’t continue to take over your life.
Anxiety can be treated in a variety of ways, but common types of therapy include:
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT): CBT helps you understand the cause of your disorder so you can correct irrational thought processes and change how you react to stressors. It provides healthy coping mechanisms for dealing with fears you had been avoiding.
- Medications: Medications like anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications can reduce symptoms of anxiety.
How Refine Recovery Can Help
Refine Recovery is a luxury addiction treatment center located in the upscale neighborhood of Beverly Hills. We use dual diagnosis to simultaneously treat addiction and its underlying cause. We target anxiety and dependency issues that may be due to emotional disorders.
At Refine Recovery, we take a different approach. We treat both the body, mind, and spirit. We believe this allows patients to find the balance that is conducive to long-term recovery.
Don’t let anxiety rob you of your ability to enjoy life. Reach out to Refine Recovery today. We will provide you with the tools you need to move past emotional disorders and dependency issues to find the happiness you deserve.